Friday, November 2, 2012

Active Board

This week and last we started work on the Promethean Active Board. I really enjoy this tool and was unaware of all the different things that can be done with it. When I was in school we did not use these boards so I do not have that much experience with them. To be honest I have been kind of intimidated by them and thought it would be too complex for me to use. After having the lesson and seeing them in use at schools, I think that I will certainly use them. I did not know that some lessons have already been created online that can be used. I know that all of them will be prefect, but they will serve as a great starting point when I am creating my own lessons using the Promethean Board. Also I see that you do not have to be elaborate when using the board. They can be a huge help when it comes to just taking notes on the board and is clearer for students to read. Also the way I have seen the Promethean Board used the most is with the teacher bringing up a document or worksheet so they can write on it on the board. This is so much more effective than the traditional overhead projector I am used to. It is much cleaner and also allows for the teacher to restart it and write on the same document again. So if they teacher is doing a problem on the board they can do the problem and then clear it and let the students do the same problem on the board. The Promethean Board is going to be something I will use a lot in my class and is crucial toward incorporating technology into the classroom. I look forward to working with and learning more about this tool.

No comments:

Post a Comment