Friday, October 5, 2012

Web 2.0: Glogster














This week I worked with and explored Glogster.  Glogster is a website where users are able to create an online poster.  I thought Glogster was a good tool for classrooms because it allows for all students to be able to create interesting posters.  Creating posters is an activity used in every subject area and in almost every grade, and Glogster offers students a new fun way to create posters.  If my classroom has the technology for all students to get onto Glogster, I would definitely use this tool.  Another cool feature about Glogster is that students are able to add videos, sound, and pictures to their posters.  This makes the posters more interactive and interesting than traditional posters.  As a special education teacher some of my student may not be able to make actual poster boards so creating one on Glogster would be an excellent substitute for them.  For this reason I am going to be sure to keep Glogster in mind when having students create projects.   

No comments:

Post a Comment