Friday, October 19, 2012

Digital Scavenger Hunt

This week we went out and did a digital scavenger hunt.  I thought this was a nice way to do something different in a class.  I think it gives student s a chance to do a fun activity, but at the same time expand their thinking.  Some of the things on the scavenger hunt were difficult to think of something to take a picture of and it made us think critically about it.  For me as a special educator, I think it will be important to have activities to help students think critically because they may have trouble doing so in the classroom.  This digital scavenge hunt is an activity that I can see myself using for my students.  I thought another way to encourage students to think more critically is to tell them their picture wont count unless it is different from all other groups pictures.  This would force student to think outside of the box even more.  I do think that this activity would not be suited for young children, but for older students I think it will work nicely.  Also it is important to trust your students to walk around the school gathering these photos.

Not only is this a good activity to help student think critically, it also has student do work with the a picture editing program after.  This is a nice way to link to extend an activity and have students get experience with a photo program with pictures they worked hard to gather.  This part of it completes the assignment and give the students a way to show of their pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment